Lulalend is a FinTech company with a belief in the power of small businesses. We work hard to empower businesses across South Africa with the funds they need to grow. Small business owners are the foundation for growth in our economy, and they deserve an easy and inspiring lending process.
Lulalend was founded because there is an underserved market for access to funding that the banks and other lenders overlook. We innovate in order to significantly reduce this credit gap - directly assisting our economy and job creation on a grand scale. So, by joining our team you’re helping businesses stay open, grow and offer more job opportunities. Yay you!
Lulalend is a one of a kind business – literally. There is no one in South Africa doing what we’re doing yet!
- Collaborative - we’re a clan and work together as a team, always towards a common goal
- Committed - we’re accountable and follow through no matter the challenge
- Curious - we look for better ways to do things and make a positive difference
- Connected - we stay close to, learn from and look to understand each other and our customers
- Compassionate - we go out of our way to care about our colleagues, our customers and our community
Lulalend has partnered with some of South Africa’s leading companies with the goal of helping SME’s in those partner company networks solve cashflow or working capital problems. This helps our partners better serve their SME customers that have funding needs that can’t be met by more traditional lenders.
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Business Development with running and growing the reach of all of Lulalend’s partner products and partnerships. These partnerships are built on unique integration technology that Lulalend has developed.
We are just at the beginning of our partner journey so this role is an exciting opportunity for a go-getter that wants to help shape the future of South Africa’s (or Africa’s?) fintech landscape.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Running day-to-day sales and operational activities for all of Lulalend’s partner products
- Working with all Lulalend partners to ensure we are delivering maximum value to them and the SMEs in their network
- Defining and directing the implementation of regular sales and marketing campaigns to grow each partnership
- Understanding and optimising end-to-end product flow (from integration to daily delivery), and how this relates to our commercial agreements and SLAs
- Project managing new and existing partner implementations and initiatives
- Working closely with the Product Team to ensure we are creating maximum value from existing SME products and developing new Partner products
THE COMPETENCIES WE’RE AFTER
- A can-do attitude and the ability to get stuff done
- Self-starter/pro-active with solid business acumen
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and adapt in a scale-up environment
- Negotiation skills and flexibility
- Strategic mindset, clear thinker
- Growth mindset
- Top-notch problem solver
THE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS WE’RE AFTER
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Business, Marketing) or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ B2B commercial experience
- Solid sales management skills - you’ve worked in a sales environment and know how to empower a team to consistently hit targets
- Track record of achieving/exceeding targets
- Demonstrable comfort with ambiguity and relish the challenge of solving complex problems
- Excellent communication skills (particularly written)
- Finance industry experience advantageous
- Marketing experience would be an advantage
- Tech experience would be an advantage - we don’t need you to code, but you should at least know what an API is